The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce internship experience is designed to provide the student with real world experience in a hands-on environment. The intern will have the opportunity to attend Chamber functions and learn the intricacies of networking in a professional environment while honing specific career skills. This is an unpaid position, designed to qualify for school credit while providing a unique opportunity for real business experience in a fast-paced and fun environment.
The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce has two (2) Internship opportunities available:
General Marketing Internship
The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce will provide experience and exposure in public relations, marketing/sales, event planning and implementation, working with local businesses, professional networking and participating in Chamber events. The Lake Norman business community is diverse and offers a broad range of contacts and experiences to build confidence and skills in functioning in a business environment by networking and establishing relationships. Interns will participate in developing and planning marketing strategies for both the Chamber and member businesses. Successful students will finish with great portfolio samples, references and career/job experience.
The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce offers a unique opportunity to learn about the structure and process of a non-profit business entity. Interns will learn how to apply what they have learned in school to real-world accounting practices and may assist with items such as: financial reports, accounts receivable, accounts payable and bank statement reconciliation. The intern may also be called upon to assist with audits, work with the COO on yearly forecasting efforts, as well as handle data entry. Applicants should be Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting majors.
• Must be a currently enrolled student during the internship;
• Must be in good academic standing;
• Must Possess good organizational skills;
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills;
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (other office suite software a plus)
• Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential;
• Knowledge of the Lake Norman area is extremely helpful.
• Minimum of 10 hrs per week
• Flexible scheduling based on student's course load and schedule (between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, weekend or evening events possible)
• This is an unpaid position, however possible incentives are available
• Parking provided.
This opportunity is for currently enrolled college students. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and completed application to:Lake Norman Chamber of CommerceAttention: Internship19900 W. Catawba Ave.Cornelius, North Carolina 28031704-892-1922 (phone)704-892-5313 (fax)email: firstname.lastname@example.org