2018 Lake Norman Chamber Diversity Committee
Front Row: Major Pat Brown – CPCC Merancas Camus, Renee Sanders – CMS / Hidden Treasure Banquet, Dr. Jesse Mullen – Holistic Chiropractic, Jackie Headley – Signator Investor, Inc, Kathy Ellington – Community Volunteer, Michelle Goglia – Retired, Det. Susan Cabarcas – Huntersville Police Department, Martha Louis – Louis and J Accounting.
Second Row: Denis Bilodeau – Cornelius PARC Board, Dr. Damn Sivas – Sivas Psychological Services, John Quinn – The SINAPI Foundation, Chris Hailey (Chair – Lake Norman Diversity Council) – LuciusJames Consulting, LLC, Jermain Parker – Capital Bank, Jeff Porter – Our Towns Habitat for Humanity, Bill Russell (President & CEO) – Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce
An integral part of the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce, the Diversity Council provides a forum for sharing vital information, networking and fostering professional development for minority and women businesses. Its mission is to help minority and women-owned businesses in Lake Norman grow and develop, as well as celebrate existing business that embrace diversity in everyday practice. The Annual Champions of Diversity Luncheon is a signature event of the Chamber of Commerce recognizing companies and individuals that exemplify diversity.
The Chairman of the Diversity Council is Chris Hailey: LuciusJames Consulting, LLC.
Anyone interested in serving on the Diversity Council should contact: Bill Russell 704-892-1922 or email [email protected]
2018 Goals include:
• Aid small, minority and women business-owners and address any unique needs or issues
• Diversity Council presence at local events
• Promote community involvement in the Diversity Council
• Host the Lake Norman Region Women’s Conference
• Host forum(s) in collaboration with CPCC for Chamber Members and Community Citizens on diversity issues which impact race, culture, sexual identity, and other factors impacting our community and region.