Small Business Week at the Lake kicks off with a Zoom Presentation on: Landlord/Tenant relationships & best practices due to COVID-related issues. The speaker is Charles Knox with the Knox Group. Facilitating the program is 2020 Business Growth Chair Dale Gillmore, QUEST. The program takes place Tuesday, May 5, 2020 from 12 noon until 1 pm. While intended for Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce Members, during the Covid - 19 Pandemic, this presentation is open to any Lake Norman Small Business. Knox will discuss:
- What are the legal and business relationships between Landlord and Tenant and how does Covid impact this?
- How should I approach my landlord if I am unable or it is difficult to pay rent?
- How are lenders handling real estate borrowers’ requests for reduced mortgage payments?
- What information might landlords or lenders need or request prior to granting assistance?
- What will the Covid crisis do to commercial real estate market?
Join the Zoom Meeting by visiting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84504780746?pwd=ckFLd0hqYnh3QjIyMVBiVVlHS3RjUT09
Meeting ID: 845 0478 0746 Password: 351793
or One tap mobile +13126266799,,84504780746# US (Chicago)
About our Speaker
Charles E. Knox, Jr. is a founding Principal and current President of The Knox Group, Inc., a real estate firm that specializes in brokerage, site acquisition, development and management services in the Charlotte metro area. He serves on the Board of Directors for Aquesta Bank and the Charlotte chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization and formerly was the chair of both. In addition, he has served as the Chair of the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Charles’ civic engagement has included serving on the Huntersville-Cornelius Economic Development Committee, Davidson Economic Development Committee, NC Blue Ribbon Study Commission on Urban Mobility Needs, and Regional Roads Committee. A graduate of Davidson College, Charles lives in Cornelius with his wife Colette and two daughters.