Each year, the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce, working in partnership with the United States Small Business Administration, celebrates Small Business Week. This year the week is April 30th through the May 5th. The Chamber has planned a week-long celebration with activities each day. On Friday, May 4th at 3 pm at the Lake Norman Visitors Center, operated by Visit Lake Norman at 19900 West Catawba Avenue in Cornelius, the Chamber will recognize the Small Busines of the Year.
The Chamber is now receiving nominations for the 2018 Small Business of the Year. A panel of judges representative of the Chamber’s leadership will select the recipient based on the following criteria:
• Staying power: A history as a Lake Norman established business. Must have been a business for no less than three years.
• Growth in the number of employees: A benchmark to judge the impact of the business in the employment market.
• Outstanding community involvement: Civic involvement by owner or manager.
• Business environment: Innovative management practices which produce a successful business.
• Customer-friendly quotient: Business practices which encourage repeat customers and provide a conducive atmosphere for service or retail trade.
Lake Norman Chamber members with fifteen or fewer employees are eligible for the award. Chamber members may submit as many businesses as they choose, or a business may nominate itself.
Please fill out the following and submit by April 26th. To register, please follow this link to the nomination form: 2018 Small Business of the Year