Each year, the Lake Norman Chamnber of Commerce, working in partnership with the United States Small Business Admistration, celebrates Small Business Week. This year the week is May 1 though the 7th. The Chamber has planned a week long celebration with actvities each day. On Wednesday May 3rd at 4 pm at the Lake Norman Visitors Center, operated by Visit Lake Norman at 19900 West Catawaba Avenue in Cornelius, the Chamber will recognize the Small Busines of the Year. Last year there were two co-winners of the recognition (tie) between Savory Moments and The Kilted Buffalo in Huntersville. My Aloha Paddle & Surf (Cornelius) and Rose & Associates Southeast, Inc.(Davidson) were recognized as runners up to the annual designation.
The Chamber is now receiving nominations for the 2017 Small Business of the Year.
A panel of judges representative of the Chamber’s leadership will select the recipient based on the following criteria:
• Staying power: A history as a Lake Norman established business. Must have been a business for no less than three years.
• Growth in number of employees: A benchmark to judge the impact of the business in the employment market.
• Outstanding community involvement: Civic involvement by owner or manager.
• Business environment: Innovative management practices which produce a successful business.
• Customer-friendly quotient: Business practices which encourage repeat customers and provide a conducive atmosphere for service or retail trade.
Lake Norman Chamber members with fifteen or fewer employees are eligible for the award. Chamber members may submit as many businesses as they choose, or a business may nominate itself.
Please email, fax, or mail your nomination to:
Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 760
Cornelius, NC 28031
Nominations are due no later than Friday, April 28, 2017 at 5:00 PM.